As we enter the new year, it is a good time for a friendly reminder about what’s good, bad or indifferent when it comes to food, beverages and other substances and their impact on triggering Atrial Fibrillation (AFib). There are many websites with good tips for you or your loved ones about what’s good and bad when it comes to AFib and things we consume. Here is a list from Modern Medicine Network’s Patient Care website that you may want to review.
- Alcohol – Increased Risk for developing AFib
- Coffee – Reduced Risk
- Chocolate – Reduced Risk and No known association
- Marijuana – Increased Risk
- Smoking/Tobacco Use – Increased Risk
- Energy Drinks – Increased Risk
Other websites that have similar information and worthwhile reviewing are:
Have a safe and wonderful Holiday and a Happy New Year from the makers of the AfibAlert!